The IFR fosters links between the robotics industry and research & development institutes. Our members engage in an intensive exchange on new technologies and emerging robots at the International Symposium on Robotics ISR.
The IFR sponsors the prestigious IERA Award (Invention and Entrepreneurship Award) together with IEEE Robotics and Automation Society (IEEE/RAS). The award recognizes the achievements of inventors with value creating ideas and entrepreneurs.
- Represents R&D Institute members - one representative per institute
- Designates one Chairman and up to 5 voting representatives to attend the IFR General Assembly
- Operates under procedures developed by the Committee and approved by the Executive Board
- Develops and promotes the International Symposium on Robotics ISR
- Supports the collection and selection of high quality papers
- Meets once a year during the ISR
- Members are part of the IERA Award evaluation committee
- Responsible for IFR Research Lectures
The IFR invites young academics to share research and development on robotics in IFR Research Lectures. They focus on:
- International knowledge exchange and practical experience on a detailed level
- Promoting collaboration on an international high-level basis for future projects and proposals
- Promotion of excellent researchers and strengthening the international community in robotics