The International Federation of Robotics connects the world of robotics around the globe. We aim at promoting the positive benefits of robots for productivity, competitiveness, economic growth and quality of work and life.
The general purpose of the IFR is to promote research, development, use and international co-operation in the entire field of robotics, to act as a focal point for organizations and governmental representatives in activities related to robotics.
The IFR was established as a non-profit organization in 1987.
Our institutional members come from the robotics industry, national or international industry associations and research & development institutes. Our federation directly represents over 85 members from more than 20 countries.
What we do:
- We provide worldwide market data for surveys, studies and statistics
- Help manufacturers and integrators of robotics to enter new markets
- Shape the position of the industry on key topics like collaborative robots, artificial intelligence and the workplace of the future
- Inform the public and policy makers on key topics through press releases and regular IFR Executive Roundtable discussions (usually held in conunction to major international trade fairs).
- Stimulate research in robotics and promote links between science and industry (IERA Award)
- Foster the creation of alliances or partnerships among our members.
- The IFR sponsors the International Symposium on Robotics ISR - a conference on industrial and service robotics held since 1970
- Our federation actively co-operates with national and international robotics organizations
What we offer:
- Communication - Platform for sharing information on latest technology trends and exchanging ideas
- Education - Central point to stay informed about technical and economic trends and developments.
- Networking - professional industry contacts with suppliers, partners and end users.
- Advocacy - supporting worldwide, national and local policies fostering the adoption of robotics